- Valdez Fly-in with a STOL Champion - Most EPIC Alaska Flight!
- About to Build New Computer
- ON APPROACH - Episode 071 & Show Notes
- Brutally Honest Review of Etihad’s A380 First Class Apartment
- Flanker Finesse: Sukhoi Su-27 @ RIAT 2018
- Lockheed Vega 5 Update 0.04 now available!
- The MOST AMAZING FLIGHT of my CAREER!
- Unbelievable LOCKHEED HERCULES C-130J LOOP during the FARNBOROUGH AIR SHOW 2018 (4K)
- Carenado Releases PA31 Navajo For X-Plane 11
- Day 2 - Low and Slow to Oshkosh 2018 - Utah to South Dakota
- LSPN Triengen some from me.
- BREATHTAKING Lufthansa A320 HEAVY MOUNTAIN TOGA-Takeoff from Bilbao, Spain!!! [AirClips]
- Company BOOM aims to bring back Supersonic Travel
- X-ATC Chatter V 1.6 is Released
- Delta in need of Pilots
- FLIGHTSIMEXPO ANNOUNCES DATES AND ORLANDO LOCATION FOR 2019
- WHY do pilots say HEAVY? Wake Turbulence EXPLAINED BY CAPTAIN JOE
- JustSim joins growing list of Anti-FlightSimStore.com Developers
- Carenado releases PA31 Navajo for X-Plane 11
- Low And Slow To Oshkosh 2018 - Day 1
fur0r3 changed their profile photo
Q&A What are volumetric clouds? These are 3D clouds that are intended to replace the 2D clouds of xEnviro. Most weather addons rely on 2D 'billboards,' orientating to be perpendicular to the camera view, that contain either photo-textures or noise-generated textures that get drawn in as clouds. Some common problems of 2D clouds include: Clouds directly below are difficult to orientate/texture correctly. Volumetric clouds solve this Lack of variation of textures. From 1.08 upwards, clouds are noise-generated, eliminating the need for textures and offering far more variation Lighting is difficult to get right on a 2D object that may not necessarily be facing the sun due to its shape and position. Volumetric clouds, as shown below, can capture the light and scatter it realistically due to its 3D nature, which also offers the potential for more realistic cloud shadows Flying through 2D clouds relies on temporary fog effects to give the illusion of flying through 3D clouds. Volumetric clouds, being 3D, eliminate the need for the fog effect because the clouds themselves are the fog effect, in essence! Volumetric clouds also offer the possibility of more accurate environmental effect, such as precipitation Will the performance be better? You'd think changing over to 3D objects as opposed to 2D billboards would significantly decrease frame rate. Not with xEnviro 1.10. The atmosphere rendering algorithm has been split into three separate calculations, as 1.08 and 1.09's atmosphere drew ten fps alone in one single calculation. Add to the fact that volumetric clouds actually give better performance than 2D clouds, and preliminary indications show a total reduction of just five fps. This reduction will vary from system to system, and is likely to change as time progresses. Will xEnviro 1.10 support Virtual Reality (VR)? No. xEnviro has never supported VR. Any version that does work in VR for you was by chance, not intentionally. VR support will be added at a later date, however. What current bugs will be fixed? There's no guarantee these will all be fixed, but it has been addressed at least once: jagged edges on scenery; cockpit horizon issues (zoom unknown); cloud shadows above clouds; the turbulence slider; airport scenery lights. Will night lighting reflections be added back in 1.10? Unlikely. But they are going back in at some point. Any ETA? No. It's ready when it's ready. You know what happened last time when we pestered for a release... 1.08 was the WIP result, but everyone took it to be final. See http://www.xenviro.net/work.php for more information. SOURCE INFO DEVELOPER POST LINK : https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/151077-110-work-in-progress-previews/ NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :