Going to Vegas!? Post in the Official Meetup Thread, we'd love to meet you! http://bit.ly/tslfsexpo

Need Tickets? Click Below to Register!

FlightSimExpo.png

OMGEDSON OMGEDSON

RIP

maxresdefault.jpg

Flight Sim World: Closure Announcement

APRIL 23 - DTG CRYSS
It is with great sadness that we announce the future closure of Flight Sim World.

As you know, we always had a strong ambition to bring a new experience into the established world of flight simulation, one that deliberately overhauled both the flying experience and the graphical fidelity, offering new ways to fly. 

Unfortunately, after many detailed discussions, we regrettably don’t see a clear direction that will allow us to keep to the development time we’d want, alongside the player numbers we need.

So, slightly before a year since we first launched into Early Access, we have made the intensely difficult decision to fully scale back all future development on Flight Sim World and remove it from sale on 24th May.

We’re sure you have lots of questions, we hope we’ve answered a few here.

FAQ
What happens to Flight Sim World if I already own it?
It will remain in your Steam library, available to play in its current format.

Will the sim be taken off sale?
Yes, and we’re working to the date of 24th May 2018. We want to give anyone who does not yet own a copy of the sim enough time to get a copy and keep it safe in their library for future play.

What will happen to any Add-Ons?
Add-Ons will also come off sale, but those you already own will still also be in your Steam library.

We hope you can give the team the respect they deserve for their tireless hard work to date. Please know that all of us here at Dovetail hold flight simulation, the creators of add-on content, and especially you, the community for this sim, in incredibly high regard for both your support and time with Flight Sim World.

- The Flight Sim World Team

SOURCE INFO

DEVELOPER POST LINK :  https://steamcommunity.com/games/389280/announcements/detail/3400657079148405506

NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :  

UnPinned posts

Although I am not surprised by this news I feel terrible.  There are many people that potentially lost their jobs over this.  As someone who had to go through this recently my heart goes out to them.  I wish that team and their families the best.  I actually thought there was some potential there with the career mode.  All the best flight sim world team.

Blimey .. it had started to show such promise. The trouble is they had put so many people off at an early stage with rumours and speculation about add-ons not being available outside of the steam  store, which were unfounded.

Also an early focus on GA only put several people off, when they were deciding whether to move to P3D or XPlane. with no communication over timelines or phases to confirm if / when tubeliners / other jets / helicopters would be released.

Finally, P3D and XPlane had both advanced in the 64 bit space, plus big developers joining XPlane to boot, add up to make this a very tough marketplace. If only FSW had been developed 2 years earlier!