angeli662

prepar3d / fsx Microsoft FSX using Google Earth 3D Scenery Tampa Tour

UnPinned posts

Ok here is my credit card.  If this could only be implemented in one of my flight sims I would delete the rest.  Holy cow I'm in love.   Please someone make this happen.  

On 04/12/2017 at 5:41 PM, Dirtysouth009 said:

Ok here is my credit card.  If this could only be implemented in one of my flight sims I would delete the rest.  Holy cow I'm in love.   Please someone make this happen.  

Well, you also can see the numerous limitations : no weather, only certain times of the day depending on the photos, need to do something for the water to be actual water and just not textures, the trees are good from above, but can be awful at ground level, no traffic, elevation corrections and specific mesh, cost of satellite imagery and the need to edit a lot of it (clouds, etc), no night textures nor lighting from the texture, and so on.

It is very impressive to look at, but don't forget what we can't see :)

Edited by Dreadmetis

1 minute ago, Dreadmetis said:

It is very impressive to look at, but don't forget what we can't see :)

I agree,  weather, traffic, season etc,  but the reality of the scenery makes me wonder also if would be possible somehow to implement in a sim. I think so maybe someday Google would develop a flight simulator. 

I hope that their tech (extruding flat images into 3D) can somehow help in the simulation industry yes, that could be a game changer if well done :)