This is probably not the right place to ask this question, and if so please move or tell me where this should have gone. I am building a computer with the following specs/components. Was wondering if anyone had any heads ups for me before I start.

Component:

NZXT s340 Elite, Matte Black, Red Trim Case

Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Motherboard

Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K Six Core , overclocked to 5.0

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid Cooling

16GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHz

CORSAIR HXi Series Power Supply, HX1000i, 1000 Watt

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD X 3

Seagate 2TB BarraCuda SATA 6 Gb/s

Thanks for any comments

SOURCE INFO

DEVELOPER POST LINK :  

NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :  

UnPinned posts

To me this is a solid system, i cant see anything currently available on the market that you will not be able to run/use without problems. The only thing I would change is upping your memory from 16 to 32 but aside from that very solid.

I forgot to add that the video card was a EVGA 1080ti. With that graphics card which has 11 gig of video ram I thought 16 gig ram was enough. I obviously run flight simulators, P3D, X-Plane, Aerofly FS2 and DCS. I have both the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive and use them in flight sims as well as general VR gaming.

Keep in mind that if you ever watch your resources espescially in VR there is a huge uptick memory use as well, by giving yourself that 32gig buffer its more ideal and not get close to tapping out your "main" memory pool.  When I use VR and look at resource use it gets very high

Yea no sweat, figured i'd definitely give abit more info once you mentioned VR. Its why my new design for my next build has 32 gigs of memory most of all. 

I am looking to get a new computer in the next 6 to 7 months.  I was thinking of waiting bc I believe they will.be launching all the new GPU's etc pretty soon.  If I'm not mistaken by hopefully August September

I wouldnt sit and wait for some new GPUs just to launch unless your doing that for the price drops of whats available now. I made a HUGE mistake doing that when I could have purchased the 1080Ti and opted to wait because talking with a fellow nerd at the store was like..."hey remember the new NVIDIA card is going to launch soon you may want to wait."  STupid me i was like oh yea ill do that, and put the box back down like an idiot. 

If you have the means to purchase I say jump on it, there is at this point no good reason to sit and wait for alleged releases of new hardware, ESPESICALLY GPU's.