caderly_one

real-world Fantasy of Flight will not open for us simmers...

Hello fellow skyLoungers and flight sim enthusiasts. I reached out to the Fantasy of Flight yesterday to see if they would open one week earlier for all of us aviation lovers that are coming to the Orlando area for Flight Sim Expo. I am sad to say, they will not open early but would do an expensive private tour for a max of 5 people. That would be 100 each and only 5 of us. I will just add it to the many trips that I was within 2 miles of them and could not visit because they were closed. If you would like to visit the place while you are in Florida, maybe you should reach out to them as well.  It wouldn't hurt if enough people contacted them, maybe we could see the place. If we had 4 others, I would invest in seeing the place as well. If you are interested, please contact me -- caderly_one.

Here is their response below:

Hi Patrick(Caderly),

I am so sorry but the museum will not be open at that time, we do not reopen to the public until the Friday June 14th.

We do offer private tours while the museum is closed though. The private tour includes the museum as well as other areas, like our restoration buildings and storage hangars, that are not accessible to the general public. The tour is 3-3.5 hours, for up to 5 people, and is $500 plus tax. We offer this during the weekdays at 9 am & 1 pm. If you would like to book a private tour please contact me with a date you are interested in so I can check the availability of our aircraft department.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Brittani Taylor | Receptionist
Phone: 863-984-3500
Fax: 863-984-0254
1400 Broadway Blvd. S.E.
Polk City, FL 33868

SOURCE INFO

DEVELOPER POST LINK :  

NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :  https://www.fantasyofflight.com/collection/

image.png

UnPinned posts

Ok that fee is highly outrageous. You would think that they would change things up and be open espescially when your indicating that there is going to be an aviation related event going on for a couple days in the area and you will not be open for it....yea, who in the F picked Orlando

I agree Noodle. It must be new parents that want to double dip and take their kids to Disney on the same trip. I know I’ve been there about 7 times in the past 10+ years. Not too excited about another trip to Orlando. I will just stay in the Hotel the event is in. Uber is out now. Probably need a rental car if I want to go anywhere. Vegas was sweet!!! Well we can always say we had Vegas lol.