- The LONGEST AIRPLANES in the world - AIRBUS A380, A340-600, BOEING 747-8 ... (4K)
- RTX is here and the new technology isnt,....
- IL-2 Developer Diary 204
- Eurowings A330 ULTIMATE COCKPIT MOVIE by SunExpress: Cologne-La Romana [AirClips full flight series]
- European Pilot Shortage Harming Bizjet Ops, Says Broker
- VistaJet's New Parent Company To Acquire XOJet
- Gulfstream G650 Conducts Steep Approach Trials at LCY
- Take a tour of Peter Sripol's workshop
- Heart-stopping moment due 44 mph gusts during Storm Ali
- Accu-sim Bonanza update 18-9-20-1
- MegaSceneryEarth Australia Release
- [UPDATE 0715z 20/09/18] ImagineSim Seeking Support to Develop Frankfurt (EDDF) Scenery??????
- FlyJSim Updates 727 Series Professional V3
- EAA Seaplane Base at AirVenture 2018
- Latest Accu-Sim Updates: Bonanza 35 - NEW! 18.9.20"
- PrivateFly bets the house
- Workforce Symposium Spotlights Urgency of Pilot Shortage
- JetSmarter Intros 14-Day Flight Trials for New Clients
- Pilatus PC-24 Lands at Jetfly
- Jet Airways 737: Passengers hurt as pilots 'forget' cabin pressure
So, want more xEnviro news? Update 3rd of September: Weekly Update: (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Today we have closed two most important items in our roadmap, both related to the cockpit camera and both responsible for numerous visual artifacts. Finally we are moving over to our new cloud system, volume rendering, final atmosphere tuning and testing. Yup, were on the home stretch. Its a long home stretch but the mountains of two steps forward and two steps back then falling, getting hurt and stand up marginally further than where we fell.... is over. The largest hurdle in our journey to the noise rendered volumetric clouds is behind us. Say goodbye to the horizon shift slider height limitations of 60k feet and a couple of other things, say hello to zoom, volumetric clouds and an atmosphere that calculates the sky color correctly 😃 Thank you Ben Supnik for the answers we needed. So... here are some more shots from the latest progress. I'm excited! Back to work! For pictures look up (latest posts): https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/241-110-development-screenshots/ And the latest video: Bonus thingy: SOURCE INFO DEVELOPER POST LINK : NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :
fur0r3 changed their profile photo
Q&A What are volumetric clouds? These are 3D clouds that are intended to replace the 2D clouds of xEnviro. Most weather addons rely on 2D 'billboards,' orientating to be perpendicular to the camera view, that contain either photo-textures or noise-generated textures that get drawn in as clouds. Some common problems of 2D clouds include: Clouds directly below are difficult to orientate/texture correctly. Volumetric clouds solve this Lack of variation of textures. From 1.08 upwards, clouds are noise-generated, eliminating the need for textures and offering far more variation Lighting is difficult to get right on a 2D object that may not necessarily be facing the sun due to its shape and position. Volumetric clouds, as shown below, can capture the light and scatter it realistically due to its 3D nature, which also offers the potential for more realistic cloud shadows Flying through 2D clouds relies on temporary fog effects to give the illusion of flying through 3D clouds. Volumetric clouds, being 3D, eliminate the need for the fog effect because the clouds themselves are the fog effect, in essence! Volumetric clouds also offer the possibility of more accurate environmental effect, such as precipitation Will the performance be better? You'd think changing over to 3D objects as opposed to 2D billboards would significantly decrease frame rate. Not with xEnviro 1.10. The atmosphere rendering algorithm has been split into three separate calculations, as 1.08 and 1.09's atmosphere drew ten fps alone in one single calculation. Add to the fact that volumetric clouds actually give better performance than 2D clouds, and preliminary indications show a total reduction of just five fps. This reduction will vary from system to system, and is likely to change as time progresses. Will xEnviro 1.10 support Virtual Reality (VR)? No. xEnviro has never supported VR. Any version that does work in VR for you was by chance, not intentionally. VR support will be added at a later date, however. What current bugs will be fixed? There's no guarantee these will all be fixed, but it has been addressed at least once: jagged edges on scenery; cockpit horizon issues (zoom unknown); cloud shadows above clouds; the turbulence slider; airport scenery lights. Will night lighting reflections be added back in 1.10? Unlikely. But they are going back in at some point. Any ETA? No. It's ready when it's ready. You know what happened last time when we pestered for a release... 1.08 was the WIP result, but everyone took it to be final. See http://www.xenviro.net/work.php for more information. SOURCE INFO DEVELOPER POST LINK : https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/151077-110-work-in-progress-previews/ NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :