- Watch out! AIRBUS A380 BEHIND YOU - BIG PLANES everywhere - Frankfurt Airport (4K)
- CAE3 Campbell River Water Aerodrome Freeware Coming Soon!
- PhotoSim Labs Confirm Conversion of Bahamas for X-Plane has Begun
- [Update: Pricing] MK-Studios Releases Tenerife South V2
- JarDesign Releases Co-Pilot Beta for Flight Factor 767
- PrealSoft Releases Casablanca for FSX/P3D
- Airplanes in their natural habitat Impressive Contrails
- SINGAPORE | BOEING 777 TAKEOFF 4K
- Ultra Weather XP 2.5 Released
- REX Environment Force coming soon
- Developer Month: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- ToLiss Releases New Update for A319
- MSK Production Islamabad Airport Package Announced
- First TrueEarth USA Sneak Peek!
- Froogle streams on twitch again
- AOA Simulations Developing Tricycle Variant of RV-8
- Aivlasoft EFB v2.0 Now Available for X-Plane
- Frank Dainese/Fabio Bellini Eiger Park 3D Release Date Announced
- SFD Global: Close-Ups of Terrain Textures
- X-Plane Sales Rundown - Easter 2019
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'country'.
Found 1 result
Sensational three-night transport of Corendon Boeing 747 The Boeing 747-400 that Corendon Hotel & Resorts recently acquired will start a three-day journey across the fields bordering Schiphol Airport on Tuesday February 5th. The 150-ton airplane will be wheeled from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol across 17 ditches, the A9 highway and a provincial road before reaching its final destination – the back garden of the Corendon Village Hotel in Badhoevedorp, which has recently become one of the villages of the larger Haarlemmermeer municipality. Corendon colours KLM’s former ‘City of Bangkok’ Boeing 747 made its last commercial flight late last year after which it was flown to Rome to be painted in Corendon colours. Back in Amsterdam, recycling company AELS stripped the aircraft of all serviceable parts. Dutch transport company Mammoet – specialized in heavy jobs like this one – will use a self-propelled trailer to transport the plane over three nights – February 5th (starts at 22.30 h) Friday 8th (starts at midnight) and Saturday 9th (starts at midnight). On the way, the aircraft will make a two-day stop in a field just off the A9 motorway – hidden behind a large advertising cloth – making sure passing drivers are not taken by surprise or distracted. The second and last stop will be just across the road opposite the Corendon Village Hotel. Crossing a highway The most exciting part of the Boeing’s journey should be the middle session as it will then become the first aircraft to cross highway A9 by land at a pace never faster than 5 km/h. After reaching its final destination, the aircraft will be converted into a ‘Corendon Boeing 747 Experience’, which will be open to the public next summer. Live stream An amazing number of nearly 9.000 people applied online for a ticket in order to be able to watch the crossing of the plane from close range. For safety and logistical reasons only 6.000 of those eager aviation fans could be admitted. The unfortunate applicants, however, will be able to watch every movement of the plane at home as a live stream will be available to serve all those interested in the gigantic operation on www.corendonmission747.nl Corendon Village Hotel The Corendon Village Hotel in Badhoevedorp opened in June 2018 in the former headquarters of Sony. With over 680 rooms, suites and apartments it is the largest hotel in the Netherlands. SOURCE INFO DEVELOPER POST LINK : NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK : https://www.corendonhotels.com/corendon-mission-747/