- MilViz ATR XP: Kickstarter Campaign Requires $27,000 CAD
- The EPIC/Impossible Airplane Camera Angle
- Brief X-Plane Vulkan and Metal Update
- Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released
- MASSIVE ENGINE FIRE-sparks on Thrust Reversal: Fokker 100 SHORT RUNWAY, SCENIC Approach! [AirClips]
- The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: ICON-A5 Project v1.1 New Update
- Sim Bit World A Pilots life | FSX / P3D / X-PLANE | Test Drive
- High heavy planes with Canon 600mm f/4 ii lens
- CELEBRATING 250.000 AirClips.com SUBSCRIBERS ON YOUTUBE - THANK YOU!!!!
- People say whales can't fly ? EXTRA THICC Aircraft Beluga
- FS2Crew: Leonardo Maddog X Reboot Version 1.7 now Available!
- UPDATE: VERTICAL SIMULATIONS - KPVD - T.F. GREEN AIRPORT V3.3 X-PLANE 11
- DRAMATIC CLOUD CHASING: Singapore A350 beautiful Landing into Brisbane, Australia!v [AirClips]
- Boeing delays key spaceflight test by three months following report that NASA warned it to address design and safety concerns
- ORBX Weekend Sale - Regionpalooza!
- IXEG Update on the horizon?
- Torquesim Pocket Rocket Released!
- Valiant Genealogy - Jim Irwin's BT-13
- DAYTONA or BUST! - Moto VLOG
- THEY BOUGHT this BOEING 747 on EBAY - A second hand QUEEN of the Skies (4K)
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'drives'.
Found 1 result
To avoid disappointment for some of you .. I am referring to hybrid HDD/SSD strorage drives ('SSHD'), and not some futuristic propulsion technology!! I have recently purchased a Seagate 2TB Firecuda hybrid gaming drive, as a way to get a balance between performance, cost and storage capacity. I use the drive as my main Windows OS / boot drive, with XPlane 11 files stored on a separate SSD drive. I am going down this road due to the amount of disk space that ORBX True Earth GB files require (which outgrew my SSD drive capacity)! I was expecting the hybrid to be quicker than HDD, but not as fast as SSD. However, I have found the new hybrid drive to be really slow (slower than my 9 year old Kingston 1TB HDD!), with boot up being slower, and my machine being intermittently unresponsive (e.g. when attempting to open or close programs). It is MUCH quicker to boot than Sparks' machine though (!!), but not as responsive to use once Windows has opened). The drive continues to be slow and almost rendering Windows unusable, even after allowing several restarts when I had hoped that the brain of the drive would learn which files I use the most and keep them cached in the internal SSD. I have run health check tools from Seagate and it says the drive is performing normally. Have any fellow loungers experienced this? I'd be grateful for your views and any tips on improving performance from the Hybrid drive. My tired old rig, purchased new in 2010, is an HP p6658uk (which has an AMD Phenom II processor (can't recall precise model now); with Foxconn H-Alpinia RS780L micro ATX motherboard, upgraded to 8 GB RAM, added Kingston 256GB SSD, plus with uprated PSU and running Windows 10 Home 64 bit). I am connecting the hybrid via SATA cable to the mobo. Many thanks, TCUK SOURCE INFO DEVELOPER POST LINK : NEWS SITE ARTICLE LINK :