- The LONGEST AIRPLANES in the world - AIRBUS A380, A340-600, BOEING 747-8 ... (4K)
- RTX is here and the new technology isnt,....
- IL-2 Developer Diary 204
- Eurowings A330 ULTIMATE COCKPIT MOVIE by SunExpress: Cologne-La Romana [AirClips full flight series]
- European Pilot Shortage Harming Bizjet Ops, Says Broker
- VistaJet's New Parent Company To Acquire XOJet
- Gulfstream G650 Conducts Steep Approach Trials at LCY
- Take a tour of Peter Sripol's workshop
- Heart-stopping moment due 44 mph gusts during Storm Ali
- Accu-sim Bonanza update 18-9-20-1
- MegaSceneryEarth Australia Release
- [UPDATE 0715z 20/09/18] ImagineSim Seeking Support to Develop Frankfurt (EDDF) Scenery??????
- FlyJSim Updates 727 Series Professional V3
- EAA Seaplane Base at AirVenture 2018
- Latest Accu-Sim Updates: Bonanza 35 - NEW! 18.9.20"
- PrivateFly bets the house
- Workforce Symposium Spotlights Urgency of Pilot Shortage
- JetSmarter Intros 14-Day Flight Trials for New Clients
- Pilatus PC-24 Lands at Jetfly
- Jet Airways 737: Passengers hurt as pilots 'forget' cabin pressure
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wxadvantageradar'.
Found 1 result
First off a very special thanks to lounger @Superthrive for the !firstclass upgrade on my LIVE SHOW that made this purchase possible. Milviz and REX Simulations partnered up to solve the difficult challenges related to a fully functional weather radar: combining a modernized airborne radar with sophisticated digital signal processing, resulting in a superior multi-functional hazardous weather detection and avoidance system. Here's how it went for me...I was flying around in the Alabeo Chieftain trying to land at ORBX KTEX Teluride when WX Advantage Radar was released. I was in some of the worst weather I think i'd ever seen in sim and the timing could not have been more perfect for release. (See below) I installed the WX Advantage Radar (WXA) right away. My intent was to do it fast and perhaps it was not the right approach. I quit the sim, and began the install process. I must say it was a chore to have to enter my serial number 2x, once in the REX downloader, and then again in the App installer, after I had closed my email. But I'm sure we can agree there are way more annoying anti-piracy measures out there with other devs... So this is where the annoyances really ramp up. Many of you may be using the ASN XGauge (XG) addon that you get free with Active Sky Next, if so you're used to the amazing way that it can add XGauge to ALL your aircraft in one single swoop if that's the way you want it to. Also it can be pulled up with a SHFT-# (more on this later). The way WXA handles installs is simply put, stupid. It presents you a list of ALL your installed aircraft, BY LIVERY. I sat here with my mouth open thinking, wow, this would be a beautiful way to browse my planes in P3D...but I really hope I don't have to install WXA one by one... YOU DO. You can click a specific livery, you cant select click, shift click, space click, click drag, double click, magic click any more than that one. There is no SELECT ALL button anywhere in sight. stupid. So I select my specific Navajo and move onto the next window. I love that you get options, options are good. One of the things that started to annoy me recently about XG is that it has started to open in some planes at FULL SCREEN, as if I was sitting down ready for some IMAX weather film. I resize it, go to fly another day, and it comes back full screen again... WXA lets you set the screen resolution AND it lets you drag the window on this panel to the exact size you want it to open to! Very very cool. Additionally you have options, visual options, Like it light or dark? clean or dirty? Do you, no one is judging... Once installed I decide to go live right away to show it to the world...without a restart of the system. Hey...the installer didn't recommend it, or force it. Lets talk about opening the radar...there is no command, just And every time you change an EZDOK view, it closes. GRRRRrRrRrR! But that's not all...3x in a row P3D was taken down mid stream, the only thing that had changed on my system was installing this add-on. A quick trip to the EVENT VIEWER proved my theory was right... MV_WX.dll What could that be? I figured I'd troubleshoot it another time, but I had to get the stream back online so I went down the uninstall process. It was really kind of them to at least auto-launch the configuration utility to edit the aircraft one by one. ONE BY ONE. Thank goodness I didn't do more than 2 eh?! Please REX/MILVIZ/RILVIZ/MILREX handle install/uninstall in bulk somehow. Thanks! After a chat with members on our Discord Server we came to the conclusion that because it was a .dll maybe a system reboot would have been wise. That said, stay tuned for part 2...the re-install.