FQvitWu.png

GAMEWISP IS SHUTTING DOWN IN 2 WEEKS and we're excited to have moved to Patreon. We hope you will follow us there with your continued support.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

FAQ: https://www.theskylounge.tv/forums/topic/11798-urgent-rip-gamewisp-hello-patreon/

eaim1973

x-plane Frooglesim/Orbx debate on Youtube - Required or Recommended?

UnPinned posts

I'm sorry I have a lot of orbx products and love them all but their  messaging is very misleading.  I also am not a fan of someone lying about not having certain messaging on their website then changing their website on the back end. That is shady and is not a good practice.  They should just say we will revise the statement and fix it. That is just a thought and an opinion of someone who has spent more than I would like to admit on orbx products.

embarrassed in a box GIF

Edited by Dirtysouth009
Spelling and big thumb typing errors

My initial reaction (cashing in on all the GIF action):

drama sitting down GIF by Cheezburger

My educated response:

1. I'm not a fan of Froogle or any of the other prominent streamers so expect no bias on that end.

2. I'm not a fan of some of the moves ORBX has pulled in the past so expect no bias on that end either.

So, I'll offer two viewpoints here:

1. Looking at this from the point of a view of a new, fairly inexperienced simmer, I'd say that the wording on ORBX website before it was changed definitely would lead you to believe that you needed one of their additional products in order for an airport to work. Their language and delivery method was as transparent as one can get. So a simmer who has either just heard about ORBX or the add-on market will, without a shadow of a doubt, assume that he/she needs a region for the airport to work.

2. Looking at this from the point of view of an older, fairly experienced simmer, I'd say that the wording on ORBX website is at best, a marketing trick to make you think you need the region. Of course, the experienced simmer knows that the airport will work with/without a region but in order for the airport to marry its surroundings, you'd need the region which would provide you with a seamless experience as you depart/arrive one of their airports.

In Froogle's defense, what he's asserting is dead-on. The website says 'pre-requisite' in certain links, 'must have at least one of the following' in others. Now whether this is a bug with the website as claimed by Mr ORBX or a simple marketing function like pricing items at xx.99 instead of just xx, that's up to you as an individual to decide as you will read and understand it differently to everyone else.

In ORBX defense (quite a weak one at that), they know their customers are aware that ORBX airports are meant to sit flush on ORBX regions so naturally for the full ORBX effect, you should have the appropriate region installed as well.

Conclusion: TECHNICALLY, Froogle is absolutely correct that the phrasing and ORBX market tactics lead to some questionable assumptions on the user end and their forum policing on such questions (as evident even in the comments from John Venema on the above video) clearly presume that the user knows the company, therefore there is absolutely no reason to question such things. Blatantly wrong and inexcusable but ORBX has always presented their products in this way, for years. Why is this suddenly a hot topic? Froogle looking for a bit of 15-minute fame as he's creatively frugal? See what I did there?

Edited by krazyk

?charlie day thumbs up GIF

oh ?

OH!

I don't ...

forget it, love them but they really misled us in this?

what is going on with flight sim developers lately?

is it just me or they have become a bit ...."I don't want to say childish " 

Orbx should own up to the mistake and move on

PMDG with ProjectFly

PMDG with TFDi with the rain effects

AS taking their time with the Airbus --- thats just me ;)

FSLabs with test.exe

PMDG with the most expensive add-on to an Addon

I mean who is keeping a record 

So, Orbx

love you, but wow you really misled your customers in this one

--Vent over--

Cheers

SSH

For someone who has bought my fair share of Orbx products (and i have NEVER felt mislead) and to include the said schmuck who did this video this was not even needed to make a video over. Preface...this is not a paid comment/response from anyone ALL my comments as always are from me dont care... 

Now, I have NEVER heard anyone in the past number of years bitch with Orbx and railing against because they bought an airport pack and felt cheated/mislead...I have NEVER HEARD anyone in the past number of years bitch and whine after buying said airport pack that they also bought the corresponding regional pack if it fell in there and feel cheated/mislead.

Can the words/verbs on the product page seem misleading maybe, maybe not. Is it a more PROBABLE case of needing to revamp the grammar abit to make it abit more clean/plain sure maybe that is whats needed.  But for someone who has been making flightsim videos for a number of years (that person in the video) all of the sudden come out of nowhere and post this shit is bunk. This is the same guy over the years who has praised them and done videos with new scenery from Orbx as well.

This to me is just an outright attempt for attention and I also feel he must have had his freaking peepee slapped about something and is crying foul. Well you know Froogle, get the fuck over yourself. You are NOT the flightsim insider, guru, expert, god that you think you are and videos like this do nothing but cause upheaval and problems.

IF you or anyone out there who happen to read this and feel like you may be mislead fucking contact customer support before pushing the god damn button. Grow the fuck up and ask questions and not feel like some hapless child who doesnt know fucking better and not ask a god damn question first.

Oh and if anyone doesnt like what I said well hey tough...If your a damn adult spending large sums of money for ANYTHING and you buy something without double checking first or insuring things are ok then its your own damn fault if later you felt duped. Do your damn due diligence and ask a question beforehand...

Wow.  All I can say is wow.  How do you really feel noodle.  No, no I know you are the only opinion that matters.    You definitely put us in our place.  Note taken. 

This is of course comes under the assumption that those people who were a bit confused and may have bought airports in the past but did not because maybe  they we're under the assumption certain regions were requirements for the airport. Then I guess I fall into one if those stupid people.  I bow down and am very humbled by your post.

Ps I have bought many airports that I love and enjoy and have never complained.  All I was saying was that it was a bit misleading.  Things could have just been adjusted without all this drama.  But if you are ok with it and it is a non issue then I guess your opinion matters most.

If your taking it that serious then whats the point of having discourse and have alternate opinions. Makes no sense whatsoever to take it personal but what I feel about the situation sticks. I dont see whats being missed in what I said...if you have concerns or whatever on a product then whats so hard in asking customer service beforehand to ensure things are on the up and up first.

But to sit here and give the whole I'm (being me) all high and mighty is pretty weak as you can sit and state your thoughts and opinion on the matter but I cannot but I in no way jumped on your position now did I?!

So I guess YOUR opinion only matters right...see how that works. But if being snarky and childish is your thing on someone else thoughts is your bag well so be it then.

Edited by Noodle

Wow.  All I can say is wow.  How do you really feel noodle.  No, no I know you are the only opinion that matters.    You definitely put us in our place.  Note taken. 

This is of course comes under the assumption that those people who were a bit confused and may have bought airports in the past but did not because maybe  they we're under the assumption certain regions were requirements for the airport. Then I guess I fall into one if those stupid people.  I bow down and am very humbled by your post.

Ps I have bought many airports that I love and enjoy and have never complained.  All I was saying was that it was a bit misleading.  Things could have just been adjusted without all this drama.  But if you are ok with it and it is a non issue then I guess your opinion matters most.

No but calling your fellow simmers hapless children that don't know any better is not the right way to have a discussion.   Its mean and honestly childish at best on your part.  You are correct in having your own opinion.  I just choose to ignore your utter disregard for some people in our community.  That is not the right way to talk to people.  I will not reply again.  So say what you want.  You do have more voice then I.