Sign in to follow this  
Ivana Fly

real-world STORM - CROSSWIND LANDINGS with 60 knots WIND GUSTS - AIRBUS A380, A330, Boeing 787 ... (4K)

0.jpg
The first strong storm of 2019 caused lots of damage in western germany and some pilots were force to show their skills while wind gusts up to 60 knots interrupted the approach. I filmed for approximately three hours behind the runway and recorded more go arounds than normal landings. 30 go arounds within three hours is a quite remarkable number. Most pilots had to initiate a go around cause of a wind shear warning.

Can anyone tell me what happened when the second plane vacated the runway (01:15)? For a second I thought the landing gear broke.

The Boeing 787 of All Nippon Airways which is also visible in this video aborted the landing attempt and diverted to London Heathrow which is about 600km away from DUS: LHR was the only airport nearby with a replacement crew and that` s why they weren` t able to divert to a closer airport.

Thanks for watching, new videoes every tuesday and friday.

SOURCE