ssimmons1958

xplane X-Camera 2.3.1 beta build 3 is available

Dear X-Camera User,
Thank you for supporting X-Camera. You are receiving this email because you indicated you were interested in beta programs and new releases of X-Camera.

I want to inform you that X-Camera 2.3.1 beta build 3 is available.

It contains the following additions:
  • X-Camera windows binaries are now being built as Release versions cutting down their size but not affecting functionality.
  • Add support for the ten extra quick look commands in X-Plane 11.1
  • Fixed a bug where the yoke visibility camera option was only being saved as a Boolean when it really needed to be saved as a tri-state value. Note you will need to correct any cameras and re-save the camera file.
  • Increased Joystick axis array size from 250 to 500 slots per the new size in X-Plane 11.10
You can  get the zip file from our website:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/downloads/X-Camera_2.3.1B3.zip

I suggest that you make a backup copy of your X-Camera directory should you need to revert back to X-Camera 2.3. Simply unzip the X-Camera_2.3.1B3.zip file into a temporary directory and then copy the resulting X-Camera directory over the top of your current X-Camera directory in the X-Plane plugins directory, allowing your copy utility to over write / merge the old files. Your license.txt and X-Camera settings will be preserved.

The user guide included in the zip file has a release notes section that outlines the changes in 2.3.1 Beta 3. Those sections of the manual that discuss the new features have been updated but the tutorial videos have not been updated.

Since 2.3.1 is a minor upgrade for X-Camera 2.0,  2.2.1, and 2.3 your existing license.txt file should work fine.

If you run into any problems please don't hesitate to contact me at:

Unless more bugs are found this will likely be the final beta build for 2.3.1. 

Please do not share the beta release or your license key with other people. If you have a friend that wants to be part of the beta program please have them contact me directly. This helps me control who is in the beta program so I can update them concerning information about bug fixes and new beta builds.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for your helping create X-Camera 2.3.1 and for your continued support of X-Camera. I encourage you to promote its use in various forums if you feel comfortable doing so. One thing you can do is go to the download page on X-Plane.org and click on a five star rating and take the time to write a review. It would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to get X-Camera on the first page of both the most popular and highest quality utility plugins. I know it is a lofty goal but why not aim for the stars.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=24209

If you would like to be removed from the Stick and Rudder Studios mailing list you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

Mark
Stick and Rudder Studios, LLC.

LINK TO SOURCE: